Monday, 01 July 2019 11:44

Mississippi Man Convicted in Memphis Killing

July 1, 2019 – An Olive Branch man has been convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death last year of a 29-year-old Memphis man during an attempted robbery, said Shelby County Dist. Atty. Gen. Amy Weirich.
A Criminal Court jury on Friday convicted Jamarcus Miller, 24, who will automatically be sentenced to life in prison by Judge Bobby Carter on July 30.
Investigators said Nicholas Brunetti was shot to death in his truck the evening of Jan. 6, 2018, in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 5000 block of Yale Road in Raleigh. They said Brunetti was set up to be robbed by acquaintance Kaci Calderon, 21, who also was charged in the case.
She remains in custody and is scheduled to be in court later this month.
The case is being handled by Chief Prosecutor Chris Lareau and Felony Asst. Matt McLeod of the DA’s Vertical Team 3 which handles all cases assigned to General Sessions Division 11 and Criminal Court Division 3.