MEMPHIS, TN - November 22, 2013 - Calvin Douglas (age 19) has been convicted of shooting at several people after he ended up on the losing end of a fight last year in North Memphis, Shelby County District Attorney Amy Weirich said.
Calvin Douglas was convicted by a Criminal Court jury on three counts of aggravated assault and one count of reckless endangerment.
The incident occurred on March 7 last year near Pope and Pershing where Douglas was involved in a fight with another man.
After losing the fight, Douglas left and returned with a pistol and began firing at the man, at the man's girlfriend and at the girlfriend's 4-year-old sister. Douglas also fired several times at the man's older brother.
Douglas was arrested later that day, taken to the hospital for injuries from the fight and then was identified in a photo spread by the man at whom he fired his gun.
Assistant district attorneys Nicole Germain and Omar Malik said Douglas fired about 15 times, but that no one was injured.
Douglas will be sentenced Dec. 16 by Judge W. Mark Ward.