MEMPHIS – May 22, 2015 - A 19-year-old man has been convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the 2013 shooting death of another teen outside a Whitehaven activity center, Shelby County Dist. Atty. Gen. Amy Weirich said Friday.
Published in News
MEMPHIS – Apr. 27, 2015 - A man has been convicted of attempted first-degree murder, especially aggravated robbery and other charges stemming from a 2013 attack that netted him $23, Shelby County Dist. Atty. Gen. Amy Weirich said Monday.
Published in News
MEMPHIS – Mar. 10, 2015 - A Frayser man was convicted Tuesday of attempted first-degree murder in the 2012 shooting of man in Frayser, said Shelby County Dist. Atty. Gen. Amy Weirich.
Published in News
Monday, 23 February 2015 10:09

Man Indicted in North Memphis Shootings

MEMPHIS – Feb. 23, 2015 - A Hickory Hill-area man has been indicted in the shooting death of one man and the wounding of another last summer in North Memphis, Shelby County Dist. Atty. Amy Weirich said Monday.
Published in News
Friday, 22 November 2013 16:36

Memphis Man Convicted in Revenge Shooting

MEMPHIS, TN - November 22, 2013 - Calvin Douglas (age 19) has been convicted of shooting at several people after he ended up on the losing end of a fight last year in North Memphis, Shelby County District Attorney Amy Weirich said.
Calvin Douglas was convicted by a Criminal Court jury on three counts of aggravated assault and one count of reckless endangerment.
The incident occurred on March 7 last year near Pope and Pershing where Douglas was involved in a fight with another man.
After losing the fight, Douglas left and returned with a pistol and began firing at the man, at the man's girlfriend and at the girlfriend's 4-year-old sister. Douglas also fired several times at the man's older brother.
Douglas was arrested later that day, taken to the hospital for injuries from the fight and then was identified in a photo spread by the man at whom he fired his gun.
Assistant district attorneys Nicole Germain and Omar Malik said Douglas fired about 15 times, but that no one was injured.
Douglas will be sentenced Dec. 16 by Judge W. Mark Ward.
Published in News
MEMPHIS, TN November 6, 2013 - Two Memphis teenagers charged in two separate shootings this summer were transferred from Juvenile Court to be tried as adults on robbery and attempted murder charges, said Shelby County District Attorney Amy Weirich.
Published in News
MEMPHIS, TN – November 1, 2013 - A 23-year-old man was convicted of first-degree murder Friday stemming from a 2011 holdup of a man outside of a nightclub in North Memphis.
Published in News
MEMPHIS, TN – September 19, 2013 - A Criminal Court jury took just seven (7) minutes to convict Derek Horne for the home-invasion robbery of a University of Memphis nursing student last year.
Published in News
MEMPHIS, TN - On September 11, 2013, Albert Jackson (age 24) was convicted of criminal attempt to commit voluntary manslaughter, aggravated assault, employing a fire arm with intent to commit a dangerous felony, reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon and convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
Published in News
MEMPHIS, TN – September 9, 2013 - A Shelby County Grand Jury has indicted the adults connected to the 5-year-old who brought a gun to Westside Elementary School on August 22, 2013.
Published in News
Page 2 of 3